Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oh Canada...

So, I'm not here to gloat about who the best country in the world is at hockey. It's obviously Canada and there did not need to be another double gold medal Olympic performance to prove it. What I am here to state my opinion about, briefly, is the post-gold performance celebration by the Canadian women caught on camera. I think it's hilarious. The only people who made a big deal about it (as far as I know) were the citizens of the United States. The only mistake I think the Canadians made were perhaps allowing the 18 year-old to be photographed. She probably should have slammed some beers in the locker room between photos and then returned to the ice to celebrate with her teammates. Or perhaps poured her beverage in a Pepsi bottle, or Coke bottle, like my mom used to do when she thought she was hiding her drinking from us. That would have done the trick. At any rate, the celebration photos only show that I am still proud of the two greatest parts of being Canadian: hockey and partying. Go Canada!

No comments: